“Dress with Respect”
Members are to maintain a standard of dress commensurate with the dignity of the Club and are to ensure that their visitors maintain the same standards. The professional shop staff, management, clubhouse staff or any member of the Board may refuse access to the course and/or clubhouse to any person not complying with the minimum standards. The mere fact that a person’s dress complies with these regulations does not necessarily mean that it is acceptable. Clothing and footwear should be in good repair. Smartness, neatness and cleanliness are the inflexible standard. Any non-golf logos on clothing or hats must be discreet.
Men – On the Course
Members & Guests Dress Code, Course & Practice Facilities: Traditional or modern golfing attire must be worn on the golf course and practice facilities. This includes:
• Tailored or golf-specific trousers or shorts, worn with a belt;
• Collared or turtle-neck, golf specific shirts, skivvies, always tucked in;
• Clothing which is free of excessive slogans or advertising;
• Short socks or “sockettes” or long socks. Long socks are to be pulled up
Not permitted on course or practice facilities are:
• Any clothing made from denim material;
• Cargo trousers or shorts; tracksuits, leisure pants;
• Trousers with elasticised or drawstring waists, football shorts or socks, board shorts;
• T-shirts or singlets, hoodies;
• Golf shoes with hard or metal spikes;
• Thongs, scuffs or boots of any kind
Members or guests whose clothing does not respect this dress code will be asked to change or leave.
Lady Members – On the Course
Clothing must be appropriate for golf and within the clubhouse and shirts must be collared and tucked in unless designed to be worn out. Polo/mock collars and skivvies are acceptable, however hooded tops are not. Cargo style pants and denim jeans are not permitted. Golf shoes (Non-metal spiked) are essential for play.
In the Clubhouse – General
In addition to the above course restrictions, smart casual wear including dress denim jeans and skirts and untucked collared shirts are permitted, however hooded tops are not. Torn, faded, stone washed or untidy clothing will not be permitted at any time. Non-metal spiked golf shoes are acceptable. Socks are optional with boat shoes.
In the dining room, jacket and tie or smart casual wear is acceptable. Special function notices may prescribe particular attire.
Phone calls may not be conducted on the course or in the clubhouse. Phones must be switched off or set to silent mode. Mobile phones may be used only in the car park or on the balcony adjacent to the Member’s Lounge. At all times respect the rights and comfort of fellow members, especially when on the balcony near the 10th tee.