To be read in conjunction with Rules of Golf, the Club notice board (for Temporary Local Rules) and Website.
OUT OF BOUNDS – Rule 18.2
- Beyond any wall, fence or white stakes with black tops defining the boundary of the course. Out of Bounds stakes are immovable obstructions. There is no free relief from objects defining Out of Bounds
- On or beyond paths surrounding the clubhouse and to rear/side of first tee
ALTERNATIVE TO STROKE AND DISTANCE FOR LOST BALL OR BALL OUT OF BOUNDS
The Model Local Rule (E5) is in effect. Refer full text of the local rule.
RED PENALTY AREAS
Areas are defined by red stakes and/or lines. Refer full text of the local rules for location of Red Penalty Areas
ABNORMAL COURSE CONDITIONS – Free relief is available under Rule 16.1 for the following:
- Those areas the margins of which are defined by white stakes and/or white lines or GUR signage.
As an additional option for a stroke impacted by the garden at the rear of the 15th Green, the nearest drop zone may be used. The ball when dropped must remain in the drop zone
- Except in a Penalty Area, clearly defined wheel ruts
- Practice tees on holes 11, 15 and 17
- Exposed tree roots in that part of the general area cut to fairway height or less – relief available for lie of ball only
- Immovable Obstructions:
Artificially surfaced roads and paths (includes gravel)
- Immovable Obstructions Close to Putting Green – Specimen Local Rule F-5 is in effect. Refer full text of the local rule.
MOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS: With the exception of white stakes with black tops designating Out of Bounds, all other stakes, hoops and ropes controlling traffic flow are Movable Obstructions
NO PLAY ZONES – Rule 16.1f: Relief MUST be taken for a stroke for which there is interference from:
- Staked trees and shrubs
- Any area identified by “No Play Zone” signage
PROVISIONAL BALL – Holes 9 and 18 only
The playing of a provisional ball is permitted under Model Local Rule B-3 for a ball which may be lost in the Red Penalty Areas of these holes. Refer full text of the local rule
ARTIFICIAL BUNKER LINING (Capillary Concrete) Greenside bunkers – holes 1, 4, 7, 12 and 16. Relief is permitted under Rule 16.1c
Probing the area around the ball with a tee or like is permitted if the player believes the artificial lining may be struck in the play of the ball. Refer full text of the local rule
PENALTY FOR BREACH OF LOCAL RULE
Stroke Play – General Penalty (two strokes). Match Play – Loss of Hole
Flags: Red – Front, White – Centre, Yellow – Back
Distances: On card/sprinkler heads are in metres to the centre of green
Out of Bounds and Lost Ball Option
Click here for a video which explains the procedure.
Course Shed Exclusion Zone: